Tuesday 5 January 2010

bloody westminster council and their legal hounds


the bastard who causes all the misery

I had a few PCNs issued by the westminster council, but had them all settled in early 2009. After that my family members have been subject to continous harrassment by letters and in persons from the baillif threatening to remove my bike and my car parked in my drive way. On June 30, 2009 I finally got an emaill from Ravindra, Chalky's executive assistant, saying all my PCNs had been settled and i should not be bothered by their agent.

This afternoon just now, a man from that legal firm hired by the westminster council went to my home again, when i am working in office. My young niece was at home alone, she was scared to death when the baillif threatened to remove my bike and other properties today if i had not made the payment immediately.

I was forced to check with the council and later the baillif phoned and said it was just a cockup, he did not even apologize. I am going to consult a lawyer to see what i can do about this year-long harrassment.

The following is some suggestion from motocyclist friends:

I would certainly be placing this in the hands of my solicitor for the distress and harassment they have caused you and your family.

I would add up how much this has cost you in time/phone calls and letters and sent Westminster a invoice, when they don't pay take them to the small claims court.


even more detailed information:

i suggest you contact this man as he may be able to help:
Adi Tahiri
Bairstow Eves Countrywide
34 Baker Street
London
W1U 3EU
Tel: 020 7935 0355 / 07818 023 884
e: adi.bakerstreet@bairstoweves.co.uk


another good suggestion:

It might be worth contacting the news media (GMTV, BBC London, Evening Standard etc.) to see if they are interested in this, especially as it has a 'human interest' angle in the form of a single, young & lone female feeling terrified and intimidated.

You would have to think about whether that might upset your niece even more though as journalists are far more focused on 'getting the story' than worrying about the feelings of the folk they interview.


more suggestion:

write or call the baliff company and ask for a written apology of a letter confirming that a baliff had called at your door... then use it to sue Westminster!!


more suggestion:

Your stress and suffering is, after all, entirely down to Westminster's complete incompetence in engaging Bailiffs a) when you had paid your penalties and b) having done so, failed to notify them that there was no further need for their 'services'.

Bailiffs will always be, and act like, total arseholes and use every threatening tactic available to terrorise you into meeting their demands. The real fault, as I say, is with Westminster's inability to think in a joined-up manner.

Having had the Bailiff's set upon you, it may have other implications - I do not know for sure but, given the amount of personal data held by the state and bandied around between various organisations, it may be the sort of thing that flags up on say, a credit rating check or a CRB enquiry.
Maybe I'm paranoid, but it may worth finding out sooner rather than later.

Certainly a speculative solicitors letter may yield some result: many Councils may make some recompense if they're worried about getting sued for something.


more suggestion:

It wouldn't show up on a CRB check as it's a civil debt, not non payment of a Court imposed fine.
Still sue the f***ers for every penny you can get though!!


Chaulky's assistant replies:

Dear xxx

I have spoken to Parking Services and can confirm that the bailiffs have been instructed not to pursue you for payment. Parking Services will be confirming this information in writing and apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused you and your family.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further assistance.

Kind regards

Ravi

No comments: