Tuesday 26 January 2010

A Near Miss on My way Home


View Larger Map
just before enter the roundaboube at the A20&A205 Crosssection, sandwiched between 2 cars, the car on my left knocked me into the front wheel of the righ car, i lost my balance briefly, the right side light was gone. i managed to ride around the roundabout and come back alive! it could be much worse! I am so happy to return home in one piece and see my son in his room doing homework

since the right side light is gone, i cannnot ride the bike legally on road, i have decided give it a rest and communte for a week and see. it may not be worth it, or i have to adopt a different commuting approach to keep me alive for myself and others.

another biker posted a quote when told my near miss:

When watching men of power in action it must be always kept in mind that, whether they know it or not, their main purpose is the elimination or neutralization of the independent individual -- the independent voter, consumer, worker, owner, thinker -- and that every device they employ aims at turning men into a manipulable 'animated instrument' which is Aristotle's definition of a slave.
-- Eric Hoffer

大概翻译:看来,有权力的人在做事的时候,有意无意,他们的目的就是要消除或者严格具有独立的个人,比如独立的选民、消费者、工人、业主、思考者, 有权者做的每件事都是要把人变成可操控的“活着的工具”,也就是亚里士多德对奴隶的定义。

No comments: