Thursday 14 October 2010

Old bike & new bike


I had this BT1100 for 3 years, commuting 40 miles most of week days when I work from my home to central London. It has got many parking penalties from the corrupted and thieving Westminister Council. Their mobile phone paying system is designed as such to confuse motorcyclists and generate huge income for the council by issuing penalties to paying motorcyclists. I told a lady who works for the council's parking subcontractor and happened to receive my complaint call the other day: quit your job because your company is a thief and robber.

This Honda NT700 is 400cc smaller than my old Bulldog, hence it will save feul for my commuting. The engine is relatively new design, so it is more efficient, and accelerate faster than the old bulldog. The old bulldog's air-cooled V-twin engine was designed over 30 years ago,it uses 17GBP for my weekly commuting 180-190 miles. The new Deauville's liquid-cooled 4-stroke 8-valve V-twin is a new design, definately the Honda Deauville will save my petrol bills.

The plus is NT700 have too built-in side panniers which is convinient, I do not need to wear a rucksack or a tank bag everyday. The dealer also agreed to include a decent sized top box in the sale which is much useful in future long-distance trips.

The Deauville have half fairing and adjustable windscreen, it is much more comfortable to ride than the naked bulldog.

No comments: