Monday 25 October 2010

Apple is a cult, i-fans are faithful followers


apple and i-fans are becoming a cult. I would not be surprised if one day Apple start making expensive fashion clothes, bags and other accessories.

Last Friday (22 Oct.)I went to the Covent Garden Apple store, it is huge and expensive. I have to register an on-line account to reserve i-phone set i want to buy and then go upstairs get the i-phone sets and paid for them. You have to become a member to have the product, like a cult. It cost me almost 1200 GBP for 2 i-phone 4 of 32 G. Then I went to DHL in King's Cross to post them to a friend in Europe, which costed me 70 GBP inlcuding insurance of 800 GBP value.

The DHL office was operated by an Arab, they shared the shop with an currency exchange agent. I just thought the DHL operation was a bit casual comparing with post office, hence less trust worthy. I paid insurance for the DHL delivery, hoping my friend in Europe would get his i-phone sets on Monday. Today I phoned my friend, it was a relief to know the 2 i-phones sets have been delivered to him.

got my visa to Thailand last Friday morning. coming out of the embassy, i went to a nearby tg max to buy a ridiculous large pullover.

No comments: