Saturday 12 December 2009

My Motorcycle Commuting 1



This is the cleaner version of my steed which carries me from home to office and back almost everyday, cover 18 miles one journey, 36 miles a day. The 1100 cc heavy bike(235kg) is like a slow tempered horse to me.

Motorists usually have different attitudes towards cars and motorcycles, cars to them are more like a house to live in comfortable, motorcycles are like pets. To me my BT1100 is just like a cold blood horse. As a boy I once dreamed to be a professional horse rider,now commuting on powered two wheelers is the closest experience to horse riding.

But I have never gone as far as many other motorcyclists saying biking giving them a sense of freedom and letting them feel free. It only gives you a sense of freedom when you filtering in chock block traffic jam last a few miles long, only then you feel liberating or superior.

I do not share other riders' enthusiasm in ride out, aimless riding in countryside or making purposeless journeys just for the fun of riding itself. I always want to carry some handy weapons on my bike, e.g., a hammer or like this Red Cossak, so I can always easily retaliate those car/van/lorry drivers who have intimidated me and put me in danger.

No comments: